With the number of frauds increasing year by year, a thorough background verification is imperative for employers. You must check to see if every bit of information provided by applicants is correct as this is the only way you can ensure the safety and security of your company itself and your employees too. Moreover, a wrong hire could lead to a number of problems that could have been avoided had you carried out a pre employment screening of applicants before on-boarding.
This is exactly why choosing a background screening partner you work with is a decision you should take seriously. Each hire has the potential to make or break your company, and it is your responsibility to make sure that it is not the latter. The background verification company you choose to work with decides which applicants enter your organization, and it’s up to you to choose the most qualified and reliable vendor Below, we outline the top points that should make it to your background verification checklist before selecting a partner for background verification:
1. Does the background verification company comply with data security? The whole point of background screening is cross-checking personal data to ensure their accuracy. It is the responsibility of the vendor to not only verify such data, but to ensure that they are safe and secure and do not fall into the wrong hands. So, make sure that the background verification company is ISO compliant and has a strict procedure to manage all personal data of applicants.
2. What kind of reputation does the background check company have in the industry? One easy way of making sure that a background check vendor is reliable is by finding out what kind of reputation they have in the industry. Ask around and do your research and you’ll find out what you need to know.
3. How many years of experience does the background screening company have? Although experience is not the only factor, it is definitely one of the most important that determines just how trustworthy a pre-employment screening company is, especially because this is an industry where it takes years to find out patterns of frauds.
4. Does the pre-employment screening company have a focused service? Ideally, the company you choose to work with should have a focused service of pre-employment screening, rather than a bunch of other services.
5. Does the background check company use modern and reliable technology? Remember to inquire the kind of technology the background verification company uses. It has to be reliable and up-to-date, as your company cannot afford any mistakes.
6. Does the background verification company provide valuable and trustworthy reports? Your pre-employment screening vendor should be able to deliver valuable reports backed up by proof. They should not simply claim something without having evidence to support it.
7. What kind of customer support does the background check company provide? It is of great necessity that your background screening company provides excellent customer support. They should answer your questions and take any feedback in a positive and constructive manner.
8. Does the pre-employment screening company possess industry foresight? Since the background verification industry is one that is in deep congruence with technology, it is always developing at a fast rate. Your vendor of choice must have the industry foresight required to adapt smoothly.
9. What kind of output does the background screening company provide? The output provided must not only be reliable and valuable, but easy to read and comprehend. Moreover, it must be delivered digitally. To know more, book an appointment with our expert today. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org