Glossary of Terms
- Case(s) - A single case refers to an individual employee/candidate application that AuthBridge verifies. A case may comprise of a single or multiple check.
- Check(s) -Each credential of a candidate is known as a Check. Check maybe of many types such as Employment, Education, Address, etc.
- Discrepancy - A discrepancy is a mismatch between information stated by a job applicant in a resume/job application and the actual information.
- Discrepant Case – If one or more than one check in a case is found discrepant, the entire case is referred to as a discrepant case.
- Discrepant Check – If any antecedent of a check is discrepant, the entire check is discrepant.
- Antecedents – For example, an educational check can be to verify graduation or class 10th or class 12th or any two or all three. These individual parameters inside a single educational check are called antecedents.
About the Report
The AuthBridge Annual Trend Report FY20 presents trends in discrepancy rates across various background checks performed and analyzed by AuthBridge from FY 2018 to FY 2020 with special emphasis on cases undertaken in FY 2018. The report covers different industries that we serve, and this category of Background Verification falls under the Employee Screening Services vertical.
The other vertical being covered under this report is the On-Demand Economy. The data is analyzed here is for FY 2018. Even though just another industry segment, it has been dealt with separately as it is totally a different ball game altogether. The On-Demand Economy basically refers to the economic activities where businesses meet customer demands through online marketplaces by providing immediate access of goods and services. Examples would be Ola, Zomato, Urban Clap, etc.
The discrepancies under Employee Screening Services has been segregated under three major categories
- Case Wise Discrepancy
- Check Wise Discrepancy
- Industry Wise Discrepancy
Here, each category can be further explored to understand the discrepancy percentages on various other Demographic parameters.
This Employee Screening services report analyses the most frequently requested checks by our clients, namely:
- Address Verification
- Education Verification
- Employment Verification
- Reference Verification
The On-Demand Economy covers three major checks:
- Address Verification
- Police Record Verification
- India Court Record Database Check
With every organization following their own definition of what comes under ‘discrepancy’, for the purpose of this study, all case and check conclusions have been mapped to the AuthBridge definition. AuthBridge maps all mismatches to stated antecedents.
For this study, data that fall under the category of either ‘Insufficiency’ or ‘Attention Required’ has been disregarded. (Insufficiencies are those conclusions where the verification could not be concluded due to either a document or a data requirement which remained unfulfilled till the time the case was concluded. Attention Required are those instances where we have found a partial mismatch in the information supplied or we need to raise an alarm for the client but do not have a concrete evidence about the same.)